So my younger sister Rachel pulled off a surprise for me. She knows I have really enjoyed following Dancing with the Stars. On Sunday she told me she had arranged for me to miss work on Tuesday and she was taking me on a surprise day out. She was really excited. She told me I would need to dress nicely and recommended I wear a dress or skirt. I was to be ready by 11:00 am.
When I showed up to pick her up (she thought I would want to have the navigation in my car so I drove) there were two signs on the front door with former contestants pictures on it and it said, "Are you ready to dance?" I was very happy to hear what she had planned! I have only seen one TV program live and it was Wheel of Fortune about 20 years ago!
We went straight to the studio because the ticket didn't guarantee us a place in line. We ended up standing in line from just before 1:00 pm until it started at 6:00 pm. I found a Subway and went down and got us some lunch while she held our place in line. We ended up being the first 25 people in. We had seats on the floor behind the contestant's family and friends (we sat behind Corky Ballas). Of course, everything looks much smaller in person, but we had a lot of fun! It was the first night the women danced and they were really good!
After the performance we drove to Thousand Oaks and stopped at The Cheesecake Factory. We got food to go and then we both came back to my house and watched the show (yes, we saw it again) and ate dinner together! It was a great evening! Thanks, Rachel for being so creative and fun! (For pictures -- go to Rachel's blog)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I love dancing with the stars. You are so lucky. I really want Kristy Yamaguchi to win.
Sounds like fun.... good sister bonding! :)
Post a Comment