Monday, August 4, 2008

FHE with the Family

Tonight Melinda, Kate and I went to Garrett & Leanne's for dinner/FHE. Melinda brought fresh corn on the cob from a stand, Kate made her famous garlic salad and Leanne made the most wonderful Chicken Cordon Bleu I have ever tasted! Oh, yeah, Garrett made the pink lemonade. :)
Leanne found this recipe in a book and decided she wanted to try it out. We were all willing guinea pigs. After one bite we were so very impressed! As Garrett said, it was much better than any restaurant!
Our 'activity' tonight was curling my hair. I asked Leanne to show me how to use her curling iron and curl my hair a little different than I have been doing. I managed to do so with only two burns to my fingers!
Leanne did the first few curls and then I did the rest because I wanted to make sure I could do it on my own. Hopefully I can come close to duplicating this without her standing over me. She touched up the end for me but most of it was done by me!
Here is the finished product from the front! Yes, Melinda, I even put some lipstick on for this picture! I am so impressed. (Cute couple in the back ground - that would be Leanne & Garrett)

7 comments:

Kate said...

LOOKS GOOD! Yes, that dinner was so good. Way to go Leanne! :)

Zachary Bird said...

very nice!
Lori loves the curls

Rachel Barlow said...

man who's that hottie! oh wait that's my sister..yeah that's right! nice! you'll have to show me!! looks like the food was yummy too leanne! and of course gotta love the baseball background! way to update while you're out of town!i know you're missing me at the family history center...but one day we'll go again together!

MEB said...

What a great FHE! The chicken was AMAZING! I am loving your cute new background!

Meghan said...

You look so glamorous. I am glad you are posting more. It is so fun to see what you are upto.

Nancy Boyce said...

Your hair looks so cute! I can't wait to see it in person.

Cody and Kylie said...

looking good!!! :) it was good to see you a couple weeks ago! how did you get in touch with marcie & mike kolb? i miss them! tell them i said hello!